Water restoration services refer to methods of repairing and restoring damage caused by water. Such damage can be the result of seepage, leaks, dampness, or flooding. The work done by these professionals goes way beyond simply cleaning up. It begins with water removal and ends with ensuring that your home is protected from further damage.
Here’s a brief look at what procedures are involved in water restoration services:
- Water Removal: The restoration process begins with pumping out excess water.
- Deodorization: Foul odors can be eliminated by applying techniques such as ozone treatment, crystals, dry fogging, and wet fogging. The materials and equipment for these techniques are only available to professional water restoration service companies.
- Mold and Mildew Removal: To achieve long-term results, this procedure must be performed by an expert restoration services provider. Using scientific technology, technicians can kill and remove developing mold and mildew.
- Drying and Dehumidifying: These processes are necessary to remove moisture in the air and on walls, floors etc.
- Content Restoration: This procedure involves cleaning, deodorizing and disinfecting clothing, draperies, furnishings, beds, mattresses, carpets, sofas etc. These items can be successfully restored, but prompt action must be taken because harmful microbes, mildew and mold grow very fast in a damp environment.
- Decontamination: Water restoration services also decontaminate and clean any items that are restorable, and dispose of those that are not.
As already mentioned, the first step is for you to act fast in order to minimize the extent of damage. Therefore, make sure you have the contact details of a local water restoration contractor who offers a 24-hour service.