Who doesn’t want their home to look fantastic from the street? The problem isn’t generally lack of desire, but lack of knowledge as to what is the best way to increase curb appeal. Landscaping is a big part of creating a special and unique look. Here are a few ways and tips to making your home stand out.
- All Seasons – Keep in mind that you don’t just want the home to look great right now; you want it to look good all year long. Choose landscaping options that take into consideration changes in the seasons. If everything is a spring plant, then it will look cold and uninviting in the dormancy of winter.
- Colors – All flowers look great in the nursery, but consider how they will look with your home as a backdrop. Use a color wheel just like you would for interior decoration to avoid clashing colors in your landscaping.
- Low-Maintenance – Consider plants that do not have a high level of littering, unless you plan to spend hours in your yard keeping it up. A fast-growing shrub is great for getting to maturity quickly, but when it needs trimming every two weeks, the mature shrub may soon grow out of favor.
- Consider Entry Feel – Not only do you want the property to look great from the street, but consider how it looks as visitors make the walk to the front entry. It can be great to orchestrate an entrance that isn’t immediately noticeable from the street, but yet is easy to find and a joy to traverse once the first steps are taken toward the house.
- Hardscapes – While landscaping is important, don’t forget the hardscapes too – adding a fountain, stone walkways and birdbath, for example, can really pull it all together.
It is always tempting to grab whatever you see at the nursery and then trot home to find a place for it, but that is going to result in a haphazard landscaping that doesn’t give the curb appeal result you hoped for. Sit down with a landscaping contractor and work out a plan ahead of time and everything will flow as it should.
For expert landscaping in Charlotte NC, contact us at Spangler Restoration. We can also fix up your home after any disaster, including fire, mold, and natural disasters. Give us a call today.