Even if you are a clean person, that doesn’t guarantee that you won’t have an issue with mold. Unfortunately, mold, like bed bugs, doesn’t care about your level of cleanliness, level of income, or where you went to college. Anyone can have a mold problem in their home or business at any time. The scary thing is that mold can be growing for quite a while before it becomes noticeable, so we have compiled a handy list of some dos and don’ts you should follow when it comes to mold removal:
- Examine your home or business regularly. Most types of mold share some obvious warning signs. For example, a musty smell in a damp basement usually means there’s mold around. Black, gray, brown, or even white clusters of mold on walls, carpeting or flooring are easy to spot with the naked eye. Be observant about your home and check it regularly for mold.
- Call a professional. A professional can determine which type of mold you might have, where it originates from, and how to safely perform mold removal.
- Try the DIY approach. Because some molds are toxic to pets and humans, it’s not safe to tackle this problem on your own. The money you think you might save by DIY-ing this isn’t worth your health.
- Wait. Mold can grow quickly and can be dangerous. If you suspect a problem, call it in ASAP!
- Make the mold feel welcome. Mold likes the darkness and warm, moist air. Don’t roll out the red carpet with their favorite things! Fix the leaks, install dehumidifiers and don’t ignore the warning signs of more mold growth.
For more mold dos and don’ts, contact our trusted mold removal professionals at Spangler Restoration today.