Mold can be very dangerous to your health, and it can make you very ill – in fact, it’s sometimes deadly. You must have seen those terrible stories on the news about families who became fatally ill for seemingly unknown reason . . . until the cause is ultimately traced to mold in their homes. The microscopic spores of this silent killer are airborne and land on surfaces. In damp places, they thrive and multiply.
Mold can grow on fabrics, walls, food, wood – in fact, virtually anything. Any mold removal contractor will tell you they have even seen books covered with it. As long as mold has got its best friend – moisture – it can infest any indoor space. Mold cannot grow without moisture. Therefore, especially in humid climates, it’s always a good idea to have a dehumidifier to remove dampness from the air and reduce the threat of mold.
To keep your home free of mold, be sure to fix any seepage and leaks as quickly as you find them. There’s no time to spare – the faster sitting moisture is eliminated, the better your chances of stopping the growth of mold. And, if water damage has recently occurred in your home, it should be dealt with ASAP by a restoration and mold removal company.
Use your senses if you suspect your house has mold. If you smell mustiness, it’s very likely mold is present. If something looks suspicious, don’t hesitate to have it checked out by a mold removal expert. Better safe than sorry!
If you are in need of mold removal in Charlotte NC, contact us at Spangler Restoration. We can fix up your home after any disaster, including fire, mold, and natural disasters. Give us a call today!