When to Call a Mold Removal Professional
We’ve all opened the refrigerator or cupboard at some point to discover a green or black fuzzy substance growing on cheese or a loaf of bread. While it’s definitely not appealing, that type of mold is easy to get rid of—just throw it in the trash! But there is another kind of mold that is even more dangerous, and it’s much harder to eradicate—that’s the kind of mold that grows in your walls, under your carpets, and anywhere else there might be moisture. In that case, a mold removal specialist needs to be called in.
It is estimated that as much as 25 percent of homes in Boone, North Carolina and throughout the rest of the country have mold problems, but the residents don’t even know it. They might even have visible mold under the kitchen sink or in the corners of the basement, but they just brush it out of their minds, thinking it’s just dirt or something that is completely harmless.
The harsh reality is that mold is toxic. In fact, it can be even more dangerous to your family and your pets than some pesticides and other chemicals. That is why it is so important to make sure you take the proper steps for mold removal that make your home safer and healthier for everyone inside.
Here are a few red flags that you need to call a mold removal expert immediately:
- Water Damage– Mold will grow anywhere there’s moisture. If you’ve recently had a flood in your house from a broken pipe or severe weather and the carpet and walls weren’t dried out properly, you probably have mold. Condensation on the walls and/or floors is also a sign that mold is lurking nearby.
- Visible Mold– There are more than 100,000 types of mold, and each one looks slightly different. Mold comes in many colors, including grey, black, brown, green, and white. Some types of mold look like a bundle of thread, and other types appear as spots or clusters. No matter how small the patch of mold is, it can grow quickly, so call a mold removal professional right away.
- Moldy Odors– Even if you don’t see mold, but you can smell it, it’s probably there.
- Allergic Reactions– If your hay fever is worse when you come indoors, it might not be an allergic reaction to pollen—it could be a reaction to mold. If your family is sneezing, coughing, and have runny noses, but you’re not sure why, call a mold removal specialist.
- Other Physical Symptoms– In severe cases, mold can cause headaches, nausea, vomiting, vertigo, vision problems, and even death. If you or a family member or pet is sick but the flu’s not going around, it’s a good idea to have your home inspected for mold.
Mold is a serious problem that shouldn’t be put off until it is too late and you have extensive damage or health concerns. Having a mold removal specialist assist you as soon as you notice a problem will help to eradicate any mold you may have and provide long-term solutions to keep mold at bay. If you have any of these warning signs of mold in your Boone, North Carolina home, call us at Spangler Restoration right away. We’ll send a mold removal professional to your house for a thorough inspection and can perform specialized procedures to eradicate the mold completely, allowing your family to be safe and healthy once again. Mold removal is worry-free when you work with us at Spangler Restoration.
For high-quality, professional Mold Removal in Charlotte, Belmont, Raleigh, Boone, or Matthews, NC, give Spangler Restoration a call today. You can definitely trust our team to get the job done right!