Water in your home can be damaging, not only to your home itself, but also to your contents and belongings. Whether a supply line burst, water heater leaked, toilet overflowed, or rainwater flooded your home, SpangleR and its water damage restoration team is available 24 hours a day for emergency water-removal and drying. Addressing water damage quickly can save repair costs and decrease the chances of mold growth in your home. Timing is everything. Let us get to it before the mold does.
The work done by our professional team begins with water removal and ends with ensuring your home is dry and safe against mold damage. The water damage restoration experts at SpangleR determine the best course of action based on the type and amount of water damage and the affected contents.
When To Call A Trusted Professional
We’ve all opened the refrigerator or cupboard at some point to discover a green or black fuzzy substance growing on cheese or a loaf of bread. While it’s definitely not appealing, that type of mold is easy to get rid of—just throw it in the trash! But there is another kind of mold that is even more dangerous, and it’s much harder to eradicate—that’s the kind of mold that grows in your walls, under your carpets, and anywhere else there might be moisture. In that case, a mold removal specialist needs to be called in.
Do You Have Mold?
It is estimated that as much as 25 percent of homes in Raleigh, North Carolina, and throughout the rest of the country have mold problems, but the residents don’t even know it. They might even have visible mold under the kitchen sink or in the corners of the basement, but they just brush it out of their minds, thinking it’s just dirt or something that is completely harmless.
Why Mold Is So Bad & Remediation Is Urgent
The harsh reality is that mold is toxic. In fact, it can be even more dangerous to your family and your pets than some pesticides and other chemicals. Here are a few red flags that you need to call a mold removal expert immediately.
Common Causes Of Mold Damage In Raleigh
- Water Damage– Mold will grow anywhere there’s moisture. If you’ve recently had a flood in your house from a broken pipe or severe weather and the carpet and walls weren’t dried out properly, you probably have mold. Condensation on the walls and/or floors are also a sign that mold is lurking nearby.
- Visible Mold– There are more than 100,000 types of mold, and each one looks slightly different. Molds come in many colors, including grey, black, brown, green, and white. Some types of mold look like a bundle of thread, and other types appear as spots or clusters. No matter how small the patch of mold is, it can grow quickly, so call a mold removal professional right away.
- Moldy Odors– Even if you don’t see mold, but you can smell it, it’s probably there.
- Allergic Reactions– If your hay fever is worse when you come indoors, it might not be an allergic reaction to pollen—it could be a reaction to mold. If your family is sneezing, coughing, and have runny noses, but you’re not sure why, call a mold removal specialist.
- Other Physical Symptoms– In severe cases, mold can cause headaches, nausea, vomiting, vertigo, vision problems, and even death. If you or a family member or pet is sick but the flu’s not going around, it’s a good idea to have your home inspected for mold.
Call Raleigh’s Trusted Professionals Now
If you have any of these warning signs in your Raleigh, North Carolina home, call us at Spangler Restoration right away. We’ll send a mold removal professional to your house for a thorough inspection and can perform specialized procedures to eradicate the mold completely, allowing your family to be safe and healthy once again. Our emergency restoration services include:
Customer satisfaction is of utmost importance to SpangleR, and to ensure we get honest customer feedback, we use a third-party firm to survey our customers. Clicking here will take you to the result page so you can see for yourself.
SpangleR Restoration is one of the fastest growing and most respected disaster restoration companies in the Southeast. We serve our communities though our Restoration efforts, but we also give back through community service. Click here to see the difference we’re making.