Sewage is one of the most distracting and unsettling things you might have to clean out of your property. Sewage can not only produce unpleasant odors, but it can also be hard to wash off. Fortunately, a sewage cleaning service like what we have to offer at Spangler Restoration will help you get rid of all that waste before it can become problematic.
Our sewage cleaning work entails several steps to keep your property protected:
- Hot water is applied onto the stained surface. The water can be added to a carpet through a wet vacuum. Hot water breaks down harmful bacteria better than cold water.
- A disinfectant is applied onto the surface. A fungicide and deodorant may be added. The formula will vary based on the type of surface you need to wash. These compounds keep bacteria from growing and spreading.
- The disinfectant and fungicide should be given a few minutes to settle into the surface. The two compounds will collect more particles when left in for a bit.
- After the disinfectant is added, the surface is treated with hot water again. The area may be vacuumed again, as well.
- A dehumidifier then removes the moisture from the surface. Added fans can be utilized, provided the risk of sewage particles spreading around is minimal.
A sewage cleaning process must be completed as soon as possible so the risk of long-term damage is reduced. Contact us at Spangler Restoration for help with clearing out the sewage that might be stuck in your property.