Daily maintenance is a must. If you aren’t cleaning your furniture as a part of your regular routines, now is the time to start. You may be equally amazed and disgusted to discover what exactly is lurking in between your couch’s cushions.
Set a few rules around your household to lessen the mess that can be made on your furniture. For example, you can have rules against eating or drinking while sitting on the couch. You’ll lessen the crumbs and spills that are sure to find their way in between the cushions by implementing this one simple rule.
It’s not enough to just set rules about food, though because dust will find its way onto the surfaces of your furniture as well. Here is a brief overview of steps you can take to keep your furniture looking brand new with regular upholstery cleaning:
1. Vacuum your furniture several times a month. The more frequently you vacuum everything, the less likely it is to cause permanent damage to the fabric.
2. Consult a professional about a fabric cleaner that is safe and effective to use on the type of material you need to use it on.
3. Test that cleaner in an unnoticeable place to make sure that it will not leave any stains.
4. Clean your furniture with the recommended cleaner that you have tested.
5. Act on spills and stains aggressively, meaning that you should clean them immediately.
The most important step is to pay for professional upholstery cleaning as frequently as you can. While following all the other guidelines will keep your furniture in good condition, the only way to achieve the best outcomes is through hiring a professional.