We recommend calling on us to help you manage every detail of fire damage restoration.
The aftermath of a fire at your home can cause stress on many levels. Should you begin cleaning up first? Call your insurance company? Move anything out of your home?
At Spangler Restoration Services, we know that making decisions as you are grappling with the effects of fire damage can be difficult. That’s why we recommend calling on us to help you manage every detail of fire damage restoration in Statesville, North Carolina.
With fire damage restoration there are several things we recommend you do to ensure the safety of your family:
- Stay calm.
- Remove pets to a clean environment.
- Change the HVAC filter.
- Close doors on affected areas to slow spread of smoke odor.
- Empty the refrigerator and freezer completely if the electricity is off.
- Open all windows.
- Turn on your heating and air conditioning system if it is not currently on.
Additionally, you may wish to take the following steps to protect your home and belongings during fire damage restoration:
- Carefully brush or vacuum loose soot from carpet, drapes and upholstered furniture.
- Keep your hands clean, as soot on your hands can further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Tape damp cloth over air registers to keep soot in the air and out of your HVAC system.
- Wipe down bath fixtures, so the soot doesn’t etch them (smoke is acidic).
- Wipe off metal items to prevent tarnishing.
At Spangler Restoration, we will work quickly to provide the fire damage restoration services you need, including working with your insurance company to manage your project from start to finish.
For high-quality, professional Fire Damage Restoration in Charlotte, Belmont, Raleigh, Statesville, Boone, or Matthews, NC, give Spangler Restoration a call today. You can definitely trust our team to get the job done right!